Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Have you read Oracle by J C Martin?


Today's Wednesday feature book has appeared on this blog before, during the author's blog tour and otherwise. I'm happy to feature an excerpt this time from the mystery thriller Oracle by J C Martin.
 

Elevator pitch:
Days before the Olympics, a serial killer stalks the streets of London. Detective Kurt Lancer, as he struggles to raise a disabled daughter, is in a race against time to find the killer before he strikes on the biggest stage of all—the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games.
Teaser Excerpt:

My eyes began to burn—an incredible, searing pain as if someone had shoved glowing hot pokers through both my eye sockets.
I cried out. My hands shot to my face as I tried to wipe the fiery chemical away, but every brush of my fingers left a blazing trail of hot coals across my corneas. My eyes watered. As my vision descended into a red haze of pain, my cheeks and lips started to tingle.
My whole face was on fire.
------
Buy on Amazon and B&N
----



If you're an author and would like your book excerpt featured, drop me an introductory mail with a link to your book at  atozstories at gmail dot com. I'm now accepting submissions for features in January.

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me (again) on your blog, D! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, JC. I hope more people read your wonderful book after this post.

      Delete
  2. Hi Damyanti and hi J.C.,

    Neither my human nor I have read this book. "Oracle" will be something we shall duly share through the various social networks. I will make sure my human checks it out. The excerpt is rather timely and thought-provoking. London, my human's other home.

    Stay chillin',

    Snoop Bloggy Dog in da Gangsta's Pawadise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, you sound good in your Snoopy Bloggy Dawg avatar :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Snoop, thanks a lot! A dog does make a brief appearance in ORACLE, so hope you like it!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read it yet but it is on my iPad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to know what Captain Ninja Alex thinks of it when you get around to it! :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't got a copy but the pitch is very enticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheena-kay. I'm hoping the book appeals to fans of James Patterson, etc. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds very intriguing, will look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a generous offer, to post book excerpts, Damyanti. I'll have to remember that if I get published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, three cheers to Damyanti! I do appreciate the efforts of writer buddies like D to help promote each other!

      Delete
  7. What a stark and memorable cover! And a serial killer? Yes, please! Sounds great, and I wish J.C. much success! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexa. Yes, I love the cover my publishers designed. And if you enjoy serial killer thrillers, I hope ORACLE doesn't disappoint!

      Delete
  8. I have a copy, but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Same here, got a copy of your book but haven't read it yet! We should make a pact to read each other's book by a certain time. :)

      Delete
  9. Haven't read this yet either and I know it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Joy. Hope it won't disappoint when you get to it. :)

      Delete
  10. I won a paperback copy of Oracle.
    It's a fabulous book! Great story!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the plug Michelle! I really appreciate the thoughtful review you wrote! Are you still roaming the high seas? Hope you're having a blast!

      Delete

I heart comments! Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line. PLEASE leave me a Good link to your blog-- sometimes I cannot find your posts via your links. I will hop across to your blog soon :)