Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Would Your Kids Read The Apple Grove Gang?



I'm pleased to feature a series of books by Hamilton C. Burger on Amlokiblogs today. Rebecca Forster, a USA Today Best Selling Author, had this to say about this series for kids: 
"Even though my boys are grown, I found myself wishing they were young again so they could read NO EXIT (The Apple Grove Gang). This book is beyond refreshing -  a great story about kids who still play outside, know people in their town and  have an adventure that makes a difference in their lives. Hamilton C. Burger's obvious delight in his  craft shines through on every page. The kids in this book have real voices and  real lives."

Book 1: NO EXIT


Benny Churchill and Bug Beetle are off and running on the last day of school. They are ready for a great summer of fun with the Apple Grove Gang. Instead, they learn a lesson in politics. When the Apple Grove Community Center is closed, the Gang finds out just how hard it is to fight city hall. Finally, when their backs are against the wall, and they find out that there is no exit, the real fun and excitement begin.

Book 2 : GOLD FEVER


It’s the dog days of summer and Benny Churchill and Bug Beetle are back and still running! The Apple Grove Gang has caught gold fever, and they find that it’s too hard to bear. When they try locate the cure, things don't go as expected and not everything pans out. Only an earth shaking experience will lead them to the depths necessary to cure GOLD FEVER.


The Apple Grove Gang's biggest adventure yet! Faced with a problem of historical proportions, 'The Gang' turns back the hands of time, in an effort to solve it. Join Bug, Benny and the others in this fun, action packed adventure, sure to have you turning the pages. 

Author Bio: 

-->
Always a reader, I inhaled books during my days of extensive world travel. Before the Nook and Kindle, even before laptops became the norm, I would pack six or eight paperbacks for an extended trip. I have been married 32 years. My wife and I have two beautiful daughters, Katie and Maddie. Besides writing, I love to cook, travel and drive my Corvette. I have a dog and two cats.




------
What are your kids reading this summer? Would you recommend a series like The Apple Grove Gang to them?

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, my son might read it. He likes contemporary stories.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The Apple Grove Gang' seems to be nice pick. Thanks for sharing nice info







    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about kids, think I would read it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound like books I would have devoured when I was growing up. (Heck! I might even like them NOW!) My kids are too busy raising their own kids to have much time for leisure reading, but some of the grands might enjoy them. Thanks for the heads up; I'll look into them for the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like books I would have loved when I was that age, but nowadays it seems kids grow up so fast I don't know if they'd still resonate. I hope so though because kids should enjoy being kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though We have missed these books, I really would want my children read them.
    Menaka Bharathi- www.simpleindianmom.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series sounds wonderful for kids, and nostalgic for adults!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line. PLEASE leave me a Good link to your blog-- sometimes I cannot find your posts via your links. I will hop across to your blog soon :)