Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Featuring CassaFire by Alex J. Cavanaugh

Every Wednesday from today onwards, I would feature a book by a fellow author here on Amlokiblogs. 

I begin with Alex J. Cavanaugh, my co-host for the A to Z Challenge, and an author-hero in blogland,with his Amazon best-selling science fiction - space opera/adventure, Cassafire

Part of a series, the Library Journal finds that Cassafire "delivers on the promise of its predecessor, combining military action sequences and political intrigue with strong, memorable characters."  I've read the series, and I agree.


Elevator Pitch:
Byron is content with life on the exploration vessel. When the ship investigates alien ruins, he is saddled with training a talented, feisty female pilot. Add the adoration of a young scientist, and a threat from space, and Byron feels invaded on every level. All he wanted was his privacy…

Teaser Excerpt:
Aware he needed to assist Athee with her harness, Byron stepped away from the door. Unable to locate her, he frowned. The other two passengers were secure in their seats and gave no indication as to her whereabouts. Alarmed, Byron peered into the cockpit. Athee now sat in the co-pilot’s seat, her harness in place and eyes scanning the control panel. Concerned, he entered the cockpit. She looked up and smiled.
“Your controls still amaze me,” she said, her eyes reflecting childish wonder. “So much information to process.”
Hesitating, Byron grasped the back of her seat. “You’ve been in a shuttle before?”
“Of course. The previous shuttle pilot even gave me a ride over the valley.”
I bet he did! Byron thought, staring at the attractive young woman. “Well, you need to go take a seat with the other passengers.”
Athee tossed her hair aside and eyed him expectantly. “I thought I’d ride in the cockpit with you.”
“That’s probably not a good idea.”
“Why not?”
“That’s the co-pilot’s seat.”
“Do you have a co-pilot?”
“Well, no…”
“Then this seat is open.”
Byron sighed in exasperation. Releasing her seat, he ran his fingers through his hair. This woman is too stubborn for her own good, he thought.

------
Buy Cassafire B&N, Amazon

I urge you to go buy the entire series and tell me how you liked it in the comments!
-----
P.S.: Email me at atozstories at gmail dot com in case you want Your Book featured.

33 comments:

  1. looking forward to the next, it's a pleasure to know the zen master alex... thank you for sharing this with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved the first two. It's funny that I'm now just catching on to the humor in Byron's saying "I'll bet he did!" That was a great line, Alex.

    Nice to meet you here, Damy. Looks like you need just one more person to take you to 700 followers. Allow me.

    Smiles.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. I like how Damy is helping other authors, and I like that exchange! Congrats on that Amazon ranking, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doralynn. Hope you bought Alex's series!

      Delete
  4. Awesome!
    Great guy!
    It's really nice of you to do this. What a great idea.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser and pitch! Exciting that CassaStorm is in production now for its September release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damyanti, you're a treasure, for readers and writers. Thanks for giving us a taste of the ninja master's prose.

    I'm looking forward to more of YOUR writing, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian, you're super-kind, as usual. I just like reading and can't imagine why I didn't think of sharing the work of my fellow-writers. I haven't been writing much, but your words do inspire me :)

      Delete
  7. I love it--a pilot who just wants his privacy! Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men with complex issues...that makes Byron hot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that scene. Sounds like a romance made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of chocolate to Alex. Tweeted and shared.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number three will be here soon. Go, Alex! And a happy wednesday to you, Damyanti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I did have a good Wednesday, as I recall :)

      Delete
  12. Robyn, now you understand!

    Elizabeth, Athee thought so.

    Thanks again, Damy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, you're always a joy to host. I wish all my guests took the trouble of promoting their posts and responding to comments the way you do.

      Delete
  13. Love the chemistry...it's there, no matter what Byron thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't normally read sci-fi, but I had to read it as it was Alex. I loved it. This is a great feature and CassaFire is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!!! Congrats to Alex. Plus, I've had the privilege of reading his 3rd book, CassaStorm, as well and I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed the excerpt. I really need to read your series Alex.... I will get to it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That snippet tells me a little about both characters. I'll bet they have some interesting times together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Intriguing I love what you shared!
    YOU did a great job
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the first two books, looking forward to the third. I am also hoping Alex is going to write some more books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've loved the first two in the series, and I'm eagerly waiting for the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh boy, he's not getting any privacy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Liza, Byron was in denial.

    Thanks, Rhonda!

    Lynda, yes you did.

    Thanks, Michael.

    Jo, thanks, and don't know yet.

    Thanks, Tyrean!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to read this one. I read the first book and I have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alex's work and success is inspirational to everyone!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Damyanti .. I loved the first book and definitely want to read books two and then the new one - Alex writes really well - held my attention for sure .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Medeia and Hilary, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line. PLEASE leave me a Good link to your blog-- sometimes I cannot find your posts via your links. I will hop across to your blog soon :)